Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird dll error

• Please log in to reply

anongos

anongos

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have had a virtumundo infection just lately. After fixing it with vundo fix, every single time I start the computer and log in I am greeted with the message that says Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\huqgmhhc.dll module not found or something like that. I do not know why this is happening or what the .dll file is for. If anyone can help figure out why this happens, is it something important, or how to stop it, then it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
It's a sign that the vundo is removed, that's why the message is popping up.

Did you post a log and a malware expert helped you in removing, or did you remove it yourself?

If a malware expert is helping you clean your computer, you should follow their instructions until they say your log is clean. If you did it yourself, I would suggest that you post a HijackThis log in the appropriate forum and let a malware expert help you with cleaning up the infections. Please have a look at this, follow the instructions there carefully before posting your log.

Hope this helps. :)

LT

SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
surely I agree with Ltangelic ..... you may still have some infected registery .....so I would recommend strictly use HijackThis log.... but if you don't want .... then I can suggest use some tool shows you the files that run at startup windows like :Tunup, winpatrol, ........
look at them and when you find the line that uses that file, delete it

anongos

anongos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok guys, thanks. I'll do that.