Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New cooler?

• Please log in to reply

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Sorry I know i make WAY to many topics.

Ok So i replaced my Stock 2500 RPM Exhaust fan with These
And they Really Push/Pull ALOT of air though my case, But with the Side On my CPU is still getting over 100F
Which i really don't like it running over about 98f (Runs the Fastest at about 96f)

So Do you think a new Cooler like This would keep my CPU a little cooler Or would an 80mm Fan work better(Adapter 60-80)

BTW With these new fans the Air temp in the case is prly only 85-90f
Also i`m still running the Stock sink with a 5 year old 60mm fan with a Max RPM of 5677RPM

Now every thing else is Staying Extremely cool tough
See BTW the IDK is the ACPI

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
No CPU should suffer a noticeable slowdown when the temperature goes from 96F to 100F. 100F is about 38C. Most modern CPUs can handle at least 65C without any problems. What CPU do you have?

Also, I am assuming this is the idle temp. What is the load temp (the temp when the CPU is doing something intensive, like encoding a video, playing a game, or running Prime95)?

Edited by stettybet0, 07 February 2008 - 10:12 PM.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Well mine i think i notice it most cuz i use some programs that use alot of the CPU, and if i can keep it in the mid 90`s it runs a bit faster.

The Cpu i have is a Intel Celeron 1.11Ghz w/ a 256K Cache