Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista grrrr

• Please log in to reply

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Here is a link that may help some of you with using Vista.

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
We don't need help with windows vista just because we don't like vista, lol. :)

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts

Thats not what hfcg was saying. You aren't the only one who reads this thread, many people may benefit from the link he posted.
If you don't like Vista, don't read the link.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP

As for me I'm sick and tired of the Windows Vista compatibility issues. :)

Vista is not at fault for the lack of drivers, thats up to the hardware manufacturers. Microsoft writes as much code for ATI Video drivers as the ATI people write code for Microsoft. If you are unhappy because the drivers are not available for your hardware, contact the hardware maker, don't go around saying how horrible Vista is.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
I haven't yet had a chance to give it a go, but as soon as I will, I'll be able to comment appropriately on the matter :)

yybbaa

yybbaa

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have Vista home premium....computer is about 6 months old. I can't count the number of times IE has stopped on me and had to reload. I got the blue screen the other day just turning on the computer. Help tells me to run my antivirus and get automatic updates. I already had automatic updates. Why did I get a new computer if I have these problems already?
When information boxes come up....they come up behind the ones on the desktop..sometimes I don't even know they are there until nothing works and I wonder why. Not helpful when downloading.
I am not savvy enough to know how to get rid of the kinks. I hate Vista!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

I have Vista home premium....computer is about 6 months old.

How about posting in the vista forums? With a little help, we should be able to get you up and running well.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

I have Vista home premium....computer is about 6 months old. I can't count the number of times IE has stopped on me and had to reload. I got the blue screen the other day just turning on the computer. Help tells me to run my antivirus and get automatic updates. I already had automatic updates. Why did I get a new computer if I have these problems already?
When information boxes come up....they come up behind the ones on the desktop..sometimes I don't even know they are there until nothing works and I wonder why. Not helpful when downloading.

Sorry, I know how it is.. Trust me...

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

To be honest I think its the biggest sack of rubbish I have ever used.

Nothing works with it, I got problems on a day to day basis, whatever I did I needed to download this download that.

I think that Microsoft could of done a better release job of Vista however after all I have said I do like its nice, clean and tidy menu's