Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

trouble using multiple monitors

• Please log in to reply

dcaporel

dcaporel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi everyone: This is my first post so please tell me if I make mistakes. I'm trying to show a DVD movie with an InFocus machine using my laptop. I have the computer set for multiple monitors okay. I get the same desktop appearance on the InFocus as the laptop and when the DVD movie is playing on the laptop the WindowsMedia Player toolbar shows up nicely on both but the video window is black on the InFocus! I'm running WindowsXP professional ed. with WindowsMediaPlayer10. My laptop is an IBM Thinkpad Intel Pentium 1.86 GHz with 512 MB of RAM and an ATI Mobility Radeon X300 graphics card. Any thoughts? dcaporel

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
from here-

http://www.infocus.c...Q/Computer.aspx

Q: I am playing a DVD on my laptop, but the projector displays a blank screen.
A:

This happens when the laptop does not have the resources to display the DVD in two different places at the same time. To solve this issue, press and hold the FN key on the laptop, then press the appropriate function key (F1, F2, F3, etc.). The function key should be labeled “LCD/CRT” or will have a monitor icon on it. You may need to press the function key a couple times. When you do this, you cycle through three settings: the image only on the laptop, the image on both the laptop and projector, and the image only on the projector. You want to set it so the movie appears only on the screen.

dcaporel

dcaporel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks cmpm. It took me awhile to figure it out, but you're fix worked like a charm. Thank you again for taking the time to help. dcaporel