probably a really dumb question.
I like dumb, it makes me feel at home! I don't know the answer to your question, so we'll dig around a little and see what turns up. They could be malicious detections, or it could be a false-positive scare, so work through the following and ask if you get stuck on any step:
1) Download a copy of HJTInstall.exe
and save it to your Desktop
- Double click HJTInstall.exe to begin installation.
- Accept the installation location, which by default is C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis or click the Browse... button if you want to chose somewhere else and then click Install
- Once HJT has installed, a shortcut will be created on your Desktop and HJT will run automatically.
- You will need to accept the EULA, if it appears, to be able to use the tool.
- When HJT opens, click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button.
- When HJT has finished scanning, a window entitled "hijackthis.log" will open - when you close this window the log will be saved into the Hijackthis folder.
- Copy and paste this into your next reply.
2) Run HJT and click on Open the Misc Tools section
- Click Open Uninstall Manager...
- Click Save list... and save it to your Desktop.
- Copy and paste the file uninstall_list.txt into your next reply.
3) Go here
and click the Kaspersky Online Scanner
button - I.E. is required for this scan.
- Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
- Allow the ActiveX download if necessary.
- Once the database has downloaded click Next.
- Click Scan Settings and check the "Scan using the following antivirus database" is set to extended, not standard, and then click OK.
- Click on "My Computer" and then put the kettle on!
- When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
- Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
- Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.
Copy and paste the report into your next reply along with a description of how your PC is behaving.
Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.