Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help With AVG Anti-Spyware Runing in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

anongos

anongos

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but anyway. I was following the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log" post. In step 1 it tells me to scan my system in safe mode with AVG. Here's the problem: I scan my system but halfway through the scan the computer suddenly turns itself off. I have tried several times already and yet I can't get it to finish the scan without the computer turning itself off. If there's a way around this problem please help. If I can just skip this step then it would also help out.

Advertisements

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hello Anongos,

I suggest you post a HJT log to the correct forum. Follow the link given but skip all but posting the HJT log. Please be patient as there are more logs to analyse than experts available.

Follow this link in three days after posting your log if you have had no reply.

kind regards,

anongos

anongos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So, would the correct forum be "Malware Removal - HijackThis™ Logs Go Here"? Sorry if the question's a bit stupid, I'm just trying to make sure.

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Yes Anongos,

:) That is spot on. We are here to help so never mind about asking questions.

kind regards,