My computer seems to go into a continuous power saving mode except that it wun respond to anything....
Wat happens when it freezes/hang or i dun know the correct term for this...
1.monitor in power saving mode, HDD and power light on casing is on (not blinking")...
2.cd-rom drives can open close... but no response...
3. cannot off the computer (using the button)
4. Hard Reset (use button) results in same thing again (casing lights go off and on, indicating computer has reseted but it just ends up being stuck again from the start)
5. Off power source and on back again = same thing as number 4
6. Disconnected all HDD and on = same
7. Disconnected all Cd drives and on = same
8. Took 1 ram stick out(i have 2x256mb pc3200 ddr) and on = same
9. swap the ram for the other = same
10. disconnected all USB hubs, extensions, HDD, cd-drives, mouse, keyboard, speaker(fed up oledi) = same "([bleep] angry!!)
11. Lastly, IMPORTANT = Turning on the pc after the problem will result in the same crap... but if i leave it for a long period of time (10 hours+), it will be normal again when i boot it up.... so its definitely not temperature... (mine is about 45-55 celcius for CPU)
I alwiz leave my pc on 24 hours a day... it only occured recently when my little brother snuck into my room and tried to stupidly bypass the windows password by installing a 3.5 inch floppy drive in my computer and booting up with his floppy.... dun know wat he did... :mad: he himself doesnt know... all i know is that i came back and sis reported that my com had a loud buzzing sound.... it was coming from the floppy drive so I removed it but then this crappy problem comes up... so help here plz
PC specs - Self assembled (2 yr old stable system)
AMD athlon 1800
2x256mb PC3200 ddr (GeiL + Apacer) (New apacer working fine for 3 months now)
Lite on cdrw
350W iCUTE psu (shud not be insufficient power.... working fine with this config for a year)
PCI lan card
oya motherboard= Gigabyte 7VT-600L (K7 triton series - KT600 mb)
Thx for reading but thx more for replying big