Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

water cooled pc?

• Please log in to reply

waffle11

waffle11

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am thinking about water cooling my pc when I build it but I am not too sure about how reliable they are. Like is there a risk of one leaking and if so how do I prevent it? And how do they compare to the fan cooling system for a computer? And how much would a decent one cost and where can I buy one?

~Waffle11

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to GTG
Are you looking to do overclocking or is the room your pc is in very hot?
most of the time when poeple use the water cooling for there pc is is when there doing high end overclocking or the room the pc is in is super hot there is always a chance for leaking with water lines. if you get a good copper core like thisCLICK HERE you should be fine this is the one I have and my system runs at 39c with two case fan one set up going in and the other pushing out.
<_<

waffle11

waffle11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
so would you recomend them over just the fans in a pc? and how high of a risk is there for leakage? Also is there a way for the components to not be destroyed if wet?

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
any time you put water close to a pc there is a risk. I would not recommend a water cooling system unless your having a over heating problem or your locking to do some super overclocking. If you do put in a water cooler in and later down the line you do get a leak is you can burn up your MB and chip due to the part in a computer do not like water.
<_<

waffle11

waffle11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
ok I dont think I am going to watercool thanks.