Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No output from GFX Card?

• Please log in to reply

BIGEYE

BIGEYE

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Got my pc built with the following components:
  • Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Go Stepping CPU
  • Arctic Cooling AC-FRZ-7P Freezer 7 Pro Socket 775 Processor Cooler
  • 2 x Kingston 2gb Kit (2x1gb) Ddr2 800mhz/pc2-6400 Hyperx Memory Non-ecc Cl4 (4 GB Total)
  • 2 x Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ 500GB SATAII Hard Drive 16MB Cache
  • Arctic Power 700W PSU - With PCI-E, SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors
  • Antec Nine Hundred - Gaming Case
  • LG GSA-H66NBAL 18X SATA DVD±RW/DL/RAM
  • Samsung SM2032BW 20"TFT Monitor Widescreen
  • Inno3d 8800 GTS Overclocked Edition GFX card

Fired the unit up and all the fans running, no signal coming from the GFX card (monitor dispalying check connector), tried on different monotor with same result. I have the power connector (6-Pim) plugged in to the GFX card.

Anybody got any idea why I am not getting any display on the monitor?

TIA

Advertisements

gumby701

gumby701

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I have the 8600 OC edition...they must have added a power connecter into the 8800 :)

Did you try plugging in the monitor to both of the DVI ports? Also, make sure that the video card is seated properly, and that the DVI cable is seated right too.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Do you have some known to be working RAM you can try in this system or another computer that you can test your RAM out in?

gumby701

gumby701

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
RAM can affect video output?

BIGEYE

BIGEYE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Problem solved. Didn't connect the 4 pin 12V ATX supply connector at the top of the mobo, didn't think it was needed as there is 4 pin 12V ATX supply connector connected adjacent the 20 pin mobo connector. So this board needs both of these 4 Pin connecters to be connected.

Thanks.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Glad you got it worked out :).

And yes, a computer turning on with no display can be faulty memory or a bad memory slot. I see it more often then a failing video card.