Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explorer crashing

• Please log in to reply

kay_w

kay_w

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi
not really sure ive posted this in the right bit, but i am finding pages wont open and i get the internet explorer message box and error report, when i click this it says it could be i have a Virus, but AVG, Adaware nor Search and destroy are finding anything.
i hope someone can help please
Kay

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hi Kay,

What is the exact error message that you are getting from Internet Explorer? Please provide any extra details you can, including when the issue began to appear.

Thanks,

Ax

axesever

axesever

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Also,

May I recommend using Mozilla Firefox for day-to-day browsing instead? Much more reliable in my opinion, and by far safer.

Link to Firefox's web page:
Posted Image

Edited by axesever, 09 February 2008 - 08:23 PM.

kay_w

kay_w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
http://wer.microsoft...db-034017cc7f93

Hi
hope this works/helps

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hey,

Do you get a message box showing you an error in Internet Explorer? This is more what we would be concerned with.

kay_w

kay_w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
yes i do, sorry was that what you needed to know

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Yep, that is exactly what we need to know.

kay_w

kay_w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi please excuse my stupidity
i get an error box and it contains an error signature which i have tried to copy for you here

SzAppname.iexplore.exe
SzAppver:6.0.2900.2180
SzModName:hungapp
SzModeVer:0.0.0.
Offset0000000

is this what you need

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Try going through the following instructions and see if they help you out:
How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows XP

You may also want to go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Regards,

Ax