Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MP3's

• Please log in to reply

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have XP and Firefox. I have been downloading MP3's from NPR in America, saving them to disc. They have been working fine but now they are downloading as Windows Media files (My default player). When I open the download box, my options are .."Open with...MP3,~auto_file (default)" This is not chosen. or "Save to disc". This is chosen. I have checked the file-type options in Windows Media but can't seem to find the problem. Something has changed. Help please.

Edited by bozzobozzo, 09 February 2008 - 03:50 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Hi bozzobozzo, welcome.

Can you provide a link to a NPR page that has some of the files you are downloading please? It's possible they have changed formats on their end. Need to look at a few to see what is happening.

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Here is one of the links. Hopefully it will work. http://www.npr.org/t...toryId=14894620
Thank you.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Worked fine for me with FireFox, IE and SeaMonkey.

What is the file extension the downloaded file is saved as? For me it's .mp3.

Are you right clicking on the song link and selecting "Save link as: in FireFox?

On the page you sent the link for, it says

Right click to download the show (Control-Click on Macs)

It works both ways for me, left click or right click but wonderd if you had tried the right click method.

Note that SeaMonkey says this file "is of type application/itunes"

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yay!! Right-clicking has done the trick. NPL have changed something but I am happy now. Many thanks for your help. I have your site in my favorites now for future assistance.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Cool, thanks for letting me know.