Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SATA 2 Drive Not Showing

• Please log in to reply

BIGEYE

BIGEYE

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Got my new build up and running, however, my SATA2 second HDD is not shown in My Computer or Windows Explorer, it is however being recognised at boot up. I have 2 x Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ 500GB SATAII Hard Drives and a LG SATA2 DVD Drive.
The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard.

I have connected the SATA drives to the following mobo connectors:
HDD 1 © connected to SATA2 0
HDD 2 connected to SATA2 1
DVD connected to SATA2 2

Windows Explorer & My computer only shows C & D drives (HDD & DVD Drives). Swapped over the HDD2 & DVD connectors on mobo but made no difference.

This is my first use of SATA drives, I don't want a RAID configuration, only a Primary HDD, Secondary HDD & DVD drives.

Until I can get the pc to recognise the second HDD, I can't format it.

Appreciate any help on this.

TIA

Advertisements

BIGEYE

BIGEYE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Forgot to add, the OS is XP Pro with SP2.

BIGEYE

BIGEYE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Ignore....on my way to resolving problem.

Formatting drive through administrative tools/disc management...500 GB, should take a wee while.