Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start tab in windows me files required

• Please log in to reply

onlyway

onlyway

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: What files must be left for configure for windows me?

Advertisements

stallionsims

stallionsims

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
hey onlyway!
I am an avid Win me user.If you want any sort of help on win ME i am here to help u.And could you be a bit clear with your post here?
What do you want to know abt startup in Win ME?please explain it better so that it will be easy to help u.
:-)

onlyway

onlyway

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
On start tab, using msconfig to remove loaded by windows so the resource probem is solved. When windows starts to remove some files, remove software I insalled but not sure which ones windows loads at start and can be removed. Have tried startup managers but still have resource trouble. I've got resources to as low as 45% and then remove all my software, and have got it as high as 92% one time. Just need to know what programs/files need to be left. I know tray,scan registry,etc need to be left. Sure would like any help you can give! :tazz:

stallionsims

stallionsims

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
oh ok!if You can gimme a list of programs loading on stsrtup,I can go through them and can provide u the accurate solution.And by the by,I use MSCONFIG and spybot to manage my startup items.Spybot is also a good one when compared with other startup manager.And regarding the cpu usage,when your computer has loaded fully use control alt delete and look which processes are running.please provide me a list of those.

If u take a screenshot of both msconfig and task manager and attach it here,it will be helpful.

-stallion.