Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking Problems

• Please log in to reply

kenleeliew

kenleeliew

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a problem with my home network. The two computers in my network, A and B are connected via LAN cable without going through any router or ports. Both operate using MS Windows XP SP1. Nevertheless, the funny thing is that computer A, although having higher levels of security protection with firewalls as compared to the other system, cannot access the shared files and folders on computer B, which has ironically no firewalls whatsoever. The error message when I try to access Computer B from Computer A reads as follows:

Computer A\\ is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

On the other hand, Computer B can access totally Computer A.
What's the problem and how can I solve it? TQ. :tazz:

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
quoted form http://www.chicagotech.net

System error 1385 has occurred - Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Symptoms: When using net use \\remotecomouter\ahredname, you may receive above message.

Resolution: The users do not have permission to connect to the remote computer. To resolve this problem: on the remote computer, select Administrative Tools>Local Security Settings>Local Policies>User Rights Assignment, right-click on Access this computer from the network>Properties>Add Users or Groups, add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network.

Edited by chicagotech, 24 April 2005 - 03:07 PM.