Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinFixer, Adware, Outerinfo [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello

But my clock settings are still set in Military Time ex. 20:09 2008-02-10. Is this correct, is this what was suppose to happen/the reset clock settings?

No it should have set it back to the settings you had before, I am not sure how you go about fixing this, maybe ask in the Windows XP forum

Any of these are good

Windows Online Installation: jre-6u4-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe
Windows x64 executable: jre-6u4-windows-x64.exe
Windows Offline Installation: jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe

Maybe disable ZoneAlaram while you update your java to avoid any problems.

Is it okay to delete the log files that I have? (HTJ, ComboFix, ActiveScan, etc.) I was wondering if it is okay to delete/uninstall some of the Porgrams I have and do a reinstall of some? ATF Cleaner, SAS, AVG Anti-Spyware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, DrWeb CureIt.

You can delete the logs, folders, and the tools that we used. Just make sure you have one firewall and one anti-virus at least.

Is a Disable/Re-enable System Restore needed or a reboot?

No need to do this, ComboFix did it already. I would reboot your PC though.

Is there a way to uninstall the Windows Recovery File?

Best ask that in the Windows XP forum, I am not sure

I denied access, but do you know anything about these?

These are legitimate programs so you should give them access.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Advertisements

GeekMeUp

GeekMeUp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi again,

No it should have set it back to the settings you had before, I am not sure how you go about fixing this, maybe ask in the Windows XP forum

Any of these are good

Windows Online Installation: jre-6u4-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe
Windows x64 executable: jre-6u4-windows-x64.exe
Windows Offline Installation: jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe

Maybe disable ZoneAlaram while you update your java to avoid any problems.

I figured out how to fix the clock settings. I never noticed that there was "Date, Time, Language and Regional Options" Category in the Control Panel. Yep, staring me RIGHT in the face, can't believe I missed that. :)

Ok, tried the Java install again with ZoneAlarm off, but still got an error. Instead, I tried an older version and it worked, so I am going to try and upgrade the version from there.

You can delete the logs, folders, and the tools that we used. Just make sure you have one firewall and one anti-virus at least.

Okay will do. I have SpyBlaster, SpywareGuard, SpyBot, ZoneAlarm and McAfee installed. I was actually using Mozilla Firefox when I got attacked, but I think is was because of my settings . I uninstalled it at the time it happened, but will be downloading it again, I really do like it.

No need to do this, ComboFix did it already. I would reboot your PC though.

Rebooted, and everything looks to be running smoothly. No pop-ups, can access Control Panel and My Computer. Desktop loads at same rate at startup, but not too slow. CPU Usage doesn't go higher than 5% when Idle, and no more than 7-12% when running up to three applications. ALL SYSTEMS GO! YAY!!! :)

Thank you for the XP forum information, and for answering my questions. And I know I've said it alot, but thank you again, you're a lifesaver!!!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.