Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new computer build

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

If you use their Step-Up Program, the non-transferable warranty isn't really an issue.

If you are outside of the 90 day period it is. I personally would never use the step-up program unless I have a spare GPU laying around, I couldn't stand having my computer sitting around doing nothing for 2-3 weeks.

And if the OP doesn't plan on overclocking, I doubt they plan on modding.

This is true, but it offers some flexibility. Should the user resell the card and that person wants to overclock and option is available without voiding the warranty.
As far as overclocking goes, how do you know the OP won't be overclocking?

As the OP is ordering from Newegg, they can't live outside the US.

This is very true. Though I'm not if shipping charges are covered within the USA, I know they are not outside of the states.
James

Edited by james_8970, 11 February 2008 - 10:45 AM.

Advertisements

akex

akex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I don't plan on overclocking at this point in time. I don't feel like I know enough about it yet. I also live in the US.

Oh, and before I forget, any suggestions on what memory to go with? I'm looking at the DDR2 SDRAM 800 and 1066 stuff but I keep seeing unsettling reviews.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
No matter who you go with someone will have problems with a product at some point down the road. Just because you hear one bad product, doesn't mean the entire product line is defective.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145034
Remember, you always hear about the bad, not the good.
James