Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

memory could not be written.

• Please log in to reply

rizado

rizado

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently received the following error. The installation at "0x50128c50" referenced memory at "0x68316463". The memory could not be "written".

I took my hardware down and rebooted using recovery discs. That was on thursday. today i received the error again. any ideas??

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Rizado and welcome!

That's almost always caused by a 'bad' application that's trying to write to a part of RAM it's not allowed to use - hence the write failure. I used to get it regularly till I removed Adobe Pagemaker some years ago. Usually happened at shutdown during "saving settings" process. never seen it since I removed that app. It was just an annoyance, nothing more. I ignored it for months without any ill effects on the PC - no crashes or any other problems, just that.

You can either safely ignore it, or painstakingly find the the 'bad' application by a process of elimination (uninstall each third-party app. one at a time, run PC for a while. Do that until the error never appears. The app. you removed last is the culprit. Then you'll have to decide if you can live without that app. or just ignore the error it causes.

Edited by pip22, 11 February 2008 - 12:57 AM.