Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shared Documents folder

• Please log in to reply

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Does anyone know of a utility or reg tweak that will hide or remove the "Shared Documents" folder in the 'My Computer' Explorer window? As far as I'm concerned it's redundant since I only have one user account on my PC so sharing files is not a feature I need. It's annoying to see it everytime I open My Computer window.

TweakUI doesn't seem to have the option to hide it, and changing it's attribute to 'hidden' doesn't hide it even when "View hidden files and folders" is disabled. But a utility or tweak that would really hide or remove it is what I'm looking for. TIA - Phillip

Edited by pip22, 11 February 2008 - 12:39 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
A Google search on your questions turned up the answer very quickly: hide or remove the Shared Documents folder