Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Database design companies?

• Please log in to reply

jacobsdad

jacobsdad

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

I am looking for a company who you Geeks could recommend.

I have a website designed in html but need a company who can design a database to collect a clients personal information and process their payment. A shopping cart is not going to work here - it needs to be a bespoke database (maybe written is MySQL?).

Whilst I know quite a bit about design I know very little about database processes and payment processing.

Can anyone suggest where I start?

Regards,
Jacobsad

Advertisements

wf4

wf4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello,

Could you please provide more info on the purpose of your site? From your details i presume you will not be developing an ecommerce website, all you need it a page where customers can login? make a payment for a service you provide? add a product(s) to a cart and checkout? pay a one off fee and receive a download to their email? etc etc....

You can easily find a FREE script to run on a MySQL database which will create all your tables for you & you can also download the source (PHP/ASP) which will collect the data from the user and insert it into your database.

At this stage the best options would be for you to register with a payment gateway (PayPal, SecPay, WorldPay) & for them to take the payment otherwise you can create your own administration area (in a seperate folder, secured with .htacess for instance) where you can view the data from the database...

I hope this helps you,
Feel free to mail me & i will try to help out as much as i can.

Regards,

Will.