Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Problem

• Please log in to reply

DonAhid

DonAhid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi can someone i cant apply a picture on my desktop and i get error messages when log into windows

like "pmkhg.exe could not run"

"cpqrunmx.dll could not be found"

Edited by DonAhid, 11 February 2008 - 03:08 PM.

Advertisements

wytboy55

wytboy55

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
it could be a sign of spyware issue.

CLICK HERE

i suggest go to the malware removal forum so that experts there can help you solve this problem. I am not in the position yet to help you with malware or spyware issues yet since im still a trainee. Good luck.. :)

Edited by wytboy55, 11 February 2008 - 03:27 PM.

DonAhid

DonAhid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
what about the desktop problem

wytboy55

wytboy55

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
let me see if i understand you correctly, you are saying if you are applying a picture in the desktop you see these errors. Do you mean using an image as a background in your desktop? And you are seeing this error messages? if you are seeing this error messages that means your computer is infected by malware or spyware that's why you are having these error messages.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Forget the desktop problem for now. You have definite malware on your computer. Follow the link that wytboy55 gave you and get it cleaned up. Then if you still have problems, post another reply in this same thread and we'll see if we can help.

DonAhid

DonAhid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no i get the error messages when i log onto to my computer

when i go to propeties > desktop the box with backfround on it is shaded and i can apply any background

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See my previous post: http://www.geekstogo...31#entry1161331