Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan.spywin32@mx / Virus Heat HELP the aftermath ? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

evil P

evil P

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded and ran a file, thinking it was an active x control, which then infected my computer, with a spy ware program - Virus heat - which solicits it’s self as a system program, and that it has found a virus trojan.spywin32@mx and thus commanding you to download a specific program that will fix the problem!!

It Add’s three desktop short cuts / 2 in your program start up panel and Hijacks you web browser!! This is a Spy ware program!

Undetected by my copy of Norton,
I then ran Adaware, Spybot search and destroy, Ccleaner and AVG free antivirus

All of which found elements of the issue but didn’t resolve it,
I then came across this;

http://www.geekstogo...mx-t138209.html

ran the

SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) As directed
Which sorted it out a treat!!! Thank you MFDnSc (and all other post-ers)

My question is this?????
Once this Spy Program has been eradicated from your PC by the above program. What are the ramifications of this? - Virus heat - Plague !!

The creators of which, I which a slow and pain full END !!!!

Having just been told,” that these day’s the only way to ensure there is no adverse effects (such data being passed on) is a system rebuild (reinstall XP).
As these day’s, mal ware programs could still be present, recording key stroke’s ect without you knowing it! Even having used programs such as the SmitfraudFix programs “
Is this true ?
This is a thanking post, to all the people out there who take the time to reply to peoples questions! For the many times you have helped me!
:)

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello

We can remove all traces of this infection no problem

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not malicious.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.