Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Wont Run

• Please log in to reply

FeverToTell

FeverToTell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok I was on the web when my computer just turned off. I tried to turn it back on it starts on and i get a command menu saying a power failure happened run it in normal mode or if i dont know what caused it or something. Well I goto run it in normal mode then it just shuts off on its own again. Then I try to start it again it turns on, then turns off in like 5 seconds. Then eventually it will only stay on for like 1 second. If I come back try it again it does the same thing...... stays on for like 20secs 10, 5, 1.....I have a better understanding of computers but im no pro in them.

Windows XP 2.4 Ghz 256 RaM piece of SH**

Any Help would be helpful

Thanks

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Can you boot into safe mode? if yes try a restore point

Can you boot from your windows XP cd?

Can you get into bios?

Rick

dom one

dom one

• Pip
  • 6 posts
what dolby said and also make sure your fans are working once my fan died and the computer would shut off on its own after awile cause i guess it was overheating? now i got 4 fans in it lol

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Do a visual inspection for possible problems with wires, fans etc. Is this an off the shelf PC or did you build it? Post your system specs including PSU amps per 12v and 5v rails. This will help member be able to help you.