Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CDRW DRIVE NOT WORKING

• Please log in to reply

Sandiaman

Sandiaman

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
MY CDRW drive is not recognizing any disks i put into it. It acts like it is trying to read them but eventually does nothing. When i click on my computer the drive does not show up but all other indicators say it is there. Can anyone help.

Does this mean the drive is burned out

How hard is it to install a dvd burner drive

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
You can check to see if there are filters set on the drive. The following MS KB will show you how to check for and resolve this issue:
You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"