Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Player Not Working

• Please log in to reply

Anvo

Anvo

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey, I kind of need some help. I just went on YouTube recently, and there was a message on every video I went to saying "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash Player." and gave me a link. I went to said link and tried to download the Flash Player but afterwards, going back on YouTube, the message stayed the same. I went on the support links there but nothing helped me. I thought having the original version was the problem so I put that in my recycling bin. But the message stayed the same. I tried some things it said on the support links (like restarting, or uninstalling and then reinstalling, etc.) but nothing seems to be working. Please help. Thanks in advance!

(I also noticed that it works on IE, but not on Firefox.)

-Andy

Edited by Anvo, 11 February 2008 - 06:14 PM.

Advertisements

axesever

axesever

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Well, this might be simple (if I am right).

The link you followed was for IE. Try this one.

http://www.adobe.com...=ShockwaveFlash

Its for Firefox =)

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hi Anvo,

Try this link to verify your Flashplayer.

Go HERE to get the latest Flashplayer 9.0.115.0

You could also download and install udc.exe to keep all your software up to date if you run this freestanding .exe weekly.

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 11 February 2008 - 07:19 PM.

Anvo

Anvo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The installation for Firefox didn't work and I have two of those icons on my desktop now (I think I used it before and got no results).

Also, when I went to tallin's site, Firefox said that I had to install missing plugins and so I did and I got to see the animation. Still, I double-checked on YouTube and the same message pops up that I have to update to the newest version. :/

axesever

axesever

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sigh, you can never make it easy can you? Haha I'm kidding. =)

Alright, follow these steps carefully.

Alright, first open a tab to YouTube.

Now, goto the Tools drop down menu.

Click on Error Console. And you will see these signs:

[Mug] [X] [/!\] [Bubble] (X)

Alright, assuming you understood that, click the last button, which should clear the data.

Now, click on any video on YouTube (Try not to travel to find it, click one from the main page).

Then, please post anything that is added to the Error Console, and I'll try my best to help.

Edited by axesever, 11 February 2008 - 08:56 PM.