Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Running Foreign (non-english) programs on vista

• Please log in to reply

kh1000

kh1000

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I'm just wondering if the English version of Vista can support non-english programs. I have a South Korean cell phone and it came with a program to transfer and sync things with my pc. I was able to install the program but the text is all garbled. It also doens't recognize the cell phone when I connect it.The microsoft website didn't seem to have any drivers that could help. Would I need to use the Korean version of Vista. The version I use is Home Premium 32-bit.

Advertisements

mattagc

mattagc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Now, you may have already tried this, and I don't even know if it will work, but have you tried installing the Korean Language pack off Windows Update? It's listed as an optional update for me (Vista Ultimate).

There's no way that it would solve the detection issues, but it might help out the issues you are having with the grabbled text.

Just my (probably useless) two cents. :)

Matt

kh1000

kh1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I have the language pack already. The software is still garbled.