Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"No audio device"

• Please log in to reply

clr77

clr77

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
This is a re-built computer that my job bought. The tech lady is completely clueless and only makes things worse...Please help I am getting NO sound coming from my speakers, and no audio device under sounds and audio devices properties
attached is my everest home report :) thanks

Attached Files

Advertisements

wytboy55

wytboy55

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
make sure the speakers are plugged in to the right port at the back of the computer.
Normally it's the green port at the back is for the speakers. Make sure the speaker is a known good one.
if your sure that there is no problem with the speaker.
Try to Reinstall the Audio Driver. Usually it solves the problem already. If you have no cd for the driver, you can download them from the internet.

Let us know what motherboard you are using. Normally the driver is included in the motherboard installer cd for drivers. (if the audio is integrated to the mainboard).

clr77

clr77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Since it is rebuilt I dont have a CD and I did try looking for the driver and was unsuccessful at finding one...maybe I am just not looking in the right places my motherboard is Intel Tappen D945GTP . Speakers are plugged in correctly, I have used these speakers on different computers and they all work fine. Everest has a Multimedia section under PCI/PnP Audio my driver is Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] PCI

Edited by clr77, 12 February 2008 - 04:16 PM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Can you go to Start -> Run.. and type devmgmt.msc [press enter]
In device manager, expand the branch called 'Sound, video & games controllers' and let me know exactly what is listed there. Let me know of any of the devices in device manager have either a yellow (!) or a red (x) on them.
Also check to see if there's a branch called 'Other'. If it exists, expand it & let me know what's listed under it.

clr77

clr77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
attached is a jpg of what I see...

Attached Thumbnails

• devicemanager.jpg

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Ok, it looks like the driver hasn't been installed. Follow the link below to download the Audio (Sigmatel) driver:
There's actually 2 sigmatel drivers listed there - I suggest you pick the one dated 2008 as this is the WHQL certified driver

http://downloadcente.....ubmit=Go!#DOC

Edited by Samm, 12 February 2008 - 04:47 PM.

clr77

clr77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sorry I haven't replied sooner...I am downloading it now :) ....will post results soon.

clr77

clr77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Perfect! I have sound! T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome. I'm glad it's all working now :)