Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer turns of itself[RESOLVED]

• Please log in to reply

paperone

paperone

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
:tazz: Hi everyone, I would be verry happy if anyone can explain to me what is going on? Lately when I use my computer espescially during gameplay in the beginning it works great but then after a halv an hour or so my pc shuts himselv down but not normaly all the power so I have to turn of the power button behind the chassi (wait) and then turn it back after that I can turn it on again with the front button and it works after asking me if I want to enter the BIOS after the last failure. Weird. How can that be any help would be great ;)

Best regards

paperone

Edited by paperone, 28 June 2005 - 10:09 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First guess is heat?

Take a small fan, open the case (don't touch anything) and blow a small fan across the motherboard on LOW. Clean out any dust bunnies first

paperone

paperone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Ok I will try that.

THX