Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck mail

• Please log in to reply

bigal41

bigal41

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have one incoming email that is trash mail that is stuck in my inbox ...I can't move it or delete.

Can anyone help just bear in mind that I am that that well versed in computers. Thanks for any suggestions it's really bugging me.

I have run my virus and malware programs to no use its still there

Thanks
Al

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Looking around 'google' on this particular problem, one remedy I saw was to fire up Vista in 'safe mode', then open Windows Mail and try to delete the 'stuck' message from your inbox.

Another possible cause is that MacaFee or Norton could be incompatible with Vista (Windows Mail in particular), although this referred to mails stuck in the Outbox, not the Inbox. The advice given was to uninstall them as simply disabling their respective spam/email virus filters isn't sufficient, then see if the message will delete. If that does the trick you'll have to switch to a fully Vista-compatible firewall/antivirus package or risk having it happen again.

You might also want to read this: http://pcworld.about...ssages-in-W.htm

Edited by pip22, 13 February 2008 - 06:37 PM.

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi, The wifes Vista laptop did that once, tried a few things, nothing worked, in the end I deleated her e-mail account, then set the account up again. If you first save any e-mails you want, then open your e-mail, and go to TOOLS/ACCOUNTS/ hilight your account, and click on PROPERTIES. Make a note of all your details, under GENERAL/SERVERS/CONNECTION/SECURITY/ADVANCE, then click on REMOVE, and you have deleted the account. Next go to TOOLS/ACCOUNTS/ADD, and fill in all the details that it asks, from the details you wrote down, your e-mail is now working correctly.

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
There is a hotfix from microsoft for this it can be found hereMicrosoft

bigal41

bigal41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
That Hot fix did the trick Thank you...Thank you !!!!!!!!!

I also had some stuck in the trash file got rid of those too YOUR A GENIUS

Many thanks from
Bigal