Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

firewwall, which is good?

• Please log in to reply

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
right now im using the nvidia firewall that came with my mobo drivers. is the nvidia firewall any good , or should i use a diff one?

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
I've never used nvidia firewall before, so I can't comment on whether it is good. Some very famous firewalls are Comodo Pro Firewall, Zonealarm free and Sygate.

Hope this helps. :)

LT

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
It is a firewall and should do you fine, remember that you should only have one firewall installed on your system as having more can cause the firewalls to conflict with each other.

The most important thing to have is a good antivirus program and a spyware program.

Edited by Suerte, 13 February 2008 - 07:14 AM.

techpro5238

techpro5238

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Personally I use the Windows Firewall as it is a light, built in, fully functional firewall. Unless you are port forwarding, or have malware issues, I would only recommend Windows Firewall.

Especially the Vista one, it has outgoing too. :)