Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error in scanner, code 4,0,0

• Please log in to reply

tcrail

tcrail

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Canon 8400F was working fine with my desktop compaq presario pentium running XP and not connected at all to the internet nor any recent new installations or updates. Now when I click acquire (to initiate scanning) in PhotoStudio, I get the above error message with instruction to turn scanner off and read the manuel in Scan Gear CS. However the Scan Gear CS window only flashes and disappears and looking through the paperwork that came with the unit I find nothing pertaining to this issue. I tried shutting everything off and rebooting to no avail. Anyone have a fix?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try uninstalling everything related to the scanner (driver & scanner applications) then re-install driver and other canon applications you need.

tcrail

tcrail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I thought about doing that but came across the following "solution" after reading about someone elses scanner problem....I log on as a guest, open the program, turn on scanner and - wonder of wonders - it works! Right now I'll ride that horse until it quits, then try your suggestion. Thanks T C