Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't log in to some web accounts (facebook,webmail) but can log

• Please log in to reply

completemoron

completemoron

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when i try to log into almost all of my web accounts (webmail, facebook, bank services) almost anything that requires a password i get this error message from firefox when i click to log in

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at eaglemail1.umw.edu.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

(similar message occurs in IE) I have tried changing my firewall updating virus protection scanning for malware etc and i just cant fix the problem......however there are a few select websites which do allow me to log in, such as blackboard, myspace, washingtonpost.com

any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!! thanks

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I gather from that message that you're a student at a college? I would suggest that you contact your tech support there, as we don't know how their servers are configured or whether they're having a problem at the moment.

posy27

posy27

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having pretty much the exact same problem and I am not using a school computer. I can access myspace yet cannot log into hotmail facebook and others. I am using windows 98. Any help would be greatly appriciated!