Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NBShell.dll

• Please log in to reply

kogiot

kogiot

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey guys.i got a problem.wanted to remove nero 7 but it wouldnt uninstall so i tried to delete it manually.everything was teleted except for NBShell.dll.i followed somebody s advice-->start /cmd and delete butit told me that delete is not regognised as an internal or external order etc
help!!!!!!! :) i wanna delete this thing and everytime i try it says i need licence to do it.plz help :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The file is part of "Nero BackItUp" and like many 'dll' files it can often refuse to be deleted while Windows is running. In the Windows 95/98 days you could simply boot into DOS and run the 'Del' command on such files, but with NTFS partitions that's no longer possible of course. The answer is to use a Windows utility which tags the file for deletion at the next boot, before Windows starts. In fact I just had to do exactly that today, and I used 'Boot Deleter'. It's 2 years old but it does work: http://www.softpedia...t-Deleter.shtml

It pre-dates Vista's arrival but give it a try.

There's another one here which works on the same principle 'MoveOnBoot': http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html
I've also used that with total success (though that was on XP, not Vista).

kogiot

kogiot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks!i ll give it a try..hope i dont destroy the whole system..(hate vista)grrr

kogiot

kogiot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well,hmm boot deleter failed unfortunately..i got this message:run time error 26001 failed to set registry value key etc...i ll try the other one.hope its ok
:)

kogiot

kogiot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:) gr8 tool no use...move on boot says:the operation failed.The following error occurred:access denied.
c mon !!!!!!i dont want it there!!!!!!!!!plz help!1i hate that i dont have access in my OWN pc...if I cant have access who can??????? :)