Click on user name to boot into xp
Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:06 PM
Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:08 PM
Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:49 PM
Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:07 PM
You can also turn on automatic logon without editing the registry in Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and in Microsoft Windows XP Professional on a computer that is not joined to a domain. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type control userpasswords2, and then click OK.
Note When users try to display help information in the User Accounts window in Windows XP Home Edition, the help information is not displayed. Additionally, users receive the following error message:
Cannot find the Drive:\Windows\System32\users.hlp Help file. Check to see that the file exists on your hard disk drive. If it does not exist, you must reinstall it.
- Clear the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" check box, and then click Apply.
- In the Automatically Log On window, type the password in the Password box, and then retype the password in the Confirm Password box.
(If you don't have a password, leave these fields blank)<--- I added this
- Click OK to close the Automatically Log On window, and then click OK to close the User Accounts windo
Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:10 PM
Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:17 PM
- Obtain and install the Windows XP version of TweakUI.
- Click on Start, Programs, Powertoys for Windows XP then TweakUI
- Expand the Logon branch, and click Autologon.
- Turn on the Log on automatically at system startup option, type your username and password (if you have a password), and click OK
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users