Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ADOGINHISPEN, BSKITODAYPLEASE, 88.80.7.66 [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jdcorley

jdcorley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a fairly serious problem with teenagers and myspace. This week, I have found all three of these troajns running wild. My TrendMicro can't do anything, My SpyDoctor is ineffective. The only relief I have is blocking the websites but the damage was done.

I downloaded HijackThis and DSS.exe and ran the first scan in anticaption of posting the logs here. But now I keep getting an error message that my PcCtlCom Module is closing AND causing a C++ Visual Runtime error. The messages keep looping. It's popped in about 15 times in time it's taken me to type this.

HELP!

Advertisements

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Hey jdcorley,

Try this, and please make sure all programs and browsers are closed:

Download WinPFind35U.exe (BETA) to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind35u on your desktop.
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of WinpFind35U.

-----------------------------------------------------------

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with WinpFind35U or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.

-----------------------------------------------------------

• Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • The program will be scanning huge amounts of data so depending on your system it could take a long time to complete. Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Save that notepad file
Use the Reply button and attach the notepad file here (Do not copy and paste in a reply, rather attach it to it).

Harry

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.