Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dual cpu core temps. question

• Please log in to reply

p5200

p5200

• Pip
  • 6 posts
my current system has an AMD 64x2 4000+ 2.0 ghz processor. I have the program called CPU-Z installed which monitors the dual core temps. I have noticed, the two cores run anywhere from 10 to 15 degrees C. different from each other. usually the hotter one never goes any higher than 40 degrees C. is this too much of a difference? in bios, the overall cpu temp runs around 38 to 40 C. Thanks! :)

Advertisements

techpro5238

techpro5238

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hello p5200 and welcome to GTG :)

That is actually a very good temperature. My computer runs around the 60's under full load. That is fine, one core is probably being used more than the other one, thus making one core hotter than the other. Follow this speech below so I can get a full view of your Voltages and Temperatures:

I would like you to download and install the program Speedfan. When you are done installing Speedfan open and look for 3 columns. One should have temperatures, the other should have voltages, and the last one should contain your fan speeds. When you have found this information please post to me in a column such as this: (Example)

Temperatures

Temp1: 30 C
Temp2: 60 C
HD0: 44 C

Voltages (only for desktops)

5V: 5
3.33V: 3.24

Fan Speeds

Speed1: 2480 RPM

(Remember this is just an example, please post your exact information)

If you are running on a Dell Laptop please follow these steps then post your temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds:

• Open Speedfan
  • Click Configure on the Main Screen
  • Go to the Options Tab
  • Check the: "Enable DELL Support (use this function only on DELL notebooks)" check box
  • Click Ok then Close Speedfan
  • Start Speedfan once again

Then post your temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds.

p5200

p5200

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
good morning! thanks for the info and link. I am getting ready to download the fan program and will post my results. :)

p5200

p5200

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
CPUO FAN 3590 RPM

V CORE 1.35V
+12V 12.04V
AVcc 3.30V

system 31C
CPU 34C
aux 46c
HDO 30C
TEMP 1 40C
CORE 38C hope this is the right info :)

techpro5238

techpro5238

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Your temperatures are fine, and your computer is running great :). I don't see any hardware issues for a long time, after reading these results.

p5200

p5200

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Glad to hear that! I'M waiting on a settlement check next week and, will be trying my first custom build. i've been in electronics, diy audio mods cb, ham radiop repair but, am rather new to pc so, you may be seeing me doing some whinning and looking for help during the build LOL! hoping, the new pc will get the wife back on the computer again as she almost lost her life in a head on crash 5 months ago and pretty much lost interest in everything. anyway Thanks again, and you have a fine day! :)