Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio CD Burning Help

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Hi guys,

Well I got a slight issue here, I am trying to burn a CD to listen to at our baseball games but I just can't seem to do it. I have tried using iTunes itself, and when I try that I get "Disc Burner or software not found...". So then I tried my copy of Nero7, and of course I get a burn error after about 30 seconds. Nothing is even burned onto the CD, its still blank when I take it out. Any suggestions would be of great help!

Also, all the music files being burned are unprotected m4a's and mp3's.

Thanks,
MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Edited by MoNsTeReNeRgY22, 13 February 2008 - 10:28 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A possibility may be that your cd burner is bad. Have you burned any CD's before you started having the problem? I have been using Nero since version 4 and have not run into any problems except when i was running a folding at home client. I am using Nero 7 Ultra right now and have nero 8 on my newest computer. I've even used Nero essentials but i don't like this clipped version much. I have not burned a single coaster using nero. I would try another CD burner before anything else.

SRX660

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Hi,

Ya I have burnt plenty of stuff before. DVD, Data CD's, and audio CD's. The only way I could get another burner is calling CyberPowerPC and telling them my burner isn't working, since they manufactured my PC.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
You say that's the only way does that mean it's under warranty? if so then call them before the warranty runs out....

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Ya, I think I will call them. Thanks for the idea! Dunno why I didn't think of callin em :)