Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new graphics prob

• Please log in to reply

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
i tried playing cod uo today, and i get a checkered board design on my screen when i play. the game playes fine except for that.

here is a pic of what i see. i have a pny geforce 8600gt

the pic

i would appreciate ur help thanks.

oh and i tired reinstalling the drivers with no luck

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Looks like corruption.
Firstly update your drivers from Nvidia.com and see what happens. Alternatively this can be a sign of faulty memory on the card. If that is the case and the thing's still under warranty, take it back.

Donutdan4114

Donutdan4114

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
try changing the v-sync in the graphics options of the game to the opposite of what it currently is. V-sync can have undesired results similar to this.

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i know its not the drivers, i searched the forums at nvidia, and alot of people are having the same prob. especially after they tried the tv hook up. my started after i tried hooking up my tv. so there might be some thing wrong with the card that shows up after they tried the tv thing.