Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pc problems

• Please log in to reply

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys non of my games work on my pc so i decided to format and everything is fine untill i install my motherboard drivers. Once there installed and it restarts it gets to the wondows loading screen after that monitor goes black but it carrys on loading. I tryed going into safe mode and installing drivers and they dont work i have tried 3 different dirvers. Any help would be very nice :tazz:

System specs

1.4 gig processor
Gforce 4 mx
512 ram
20 gig harddrive

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Do you mean the video card drivers or the motherboard drivers?

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have just installed the Graphics card drivers in safe mode and the pc is now loadingup but i am getting Awful screen flickers and it is runing slow. I have had this problem before and when i load a game it crashes.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Sounds like it may be problem with the refresh rate.
Theres a utility you can download here that lets you change the refresh rate (XP/2000 often don't let you change above 60Hertz) but only use it if you know what you are doing!

http://www.majorgeek...ad.php?det=1847

Can you tell me which version of the video card driver you have just installed?
Also, the monitor make/model?

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thankyou for your reply. Im sorry but i dont no what im doing with the program :tazz:. About the Graphics card drivers i have installed the latest drivers and some older ones. The ones i have used now are Version: 71.89 geforce 4 drivers. It still does not work. I am stuck with this im very low on money atm and dont know what to do. I dont want to buy a GFX card to find out its my motherboard. I formated again and installed the motherboard dirvers and it blaknked out on loading before i evan installed the Graphics drivers. Can you please help me sort this out

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
O yes and about the Monitor. I had to swich from a 17 inch to a 15 inch. I dont no the Exact name but it says Low Radiation on it.

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Would it work swaping my 15 inch with a 17 inch ?

Zombiemas

Zombiemas

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Have you tried finding the drivers for the monitor, sometimes they can throw the system off and all you will get is a black screen, or extremly fuzzy. Look on back of your monitor and search the model or model number on google, and see if there are any drivers.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Do you have a working copy of windows installed on the system at the moment? If so, try booting it up in safe mode & see if the flickering problems etc go away.

Also, do you know the make & model of your motherboard? - should say on the motherboard drivers CD.

If not, then go into device manager & expand the hard disk controller branch. This should give you the manufacturers name of the chipset (ie Intel, VIA etc). Let me know what it is, along with any numbers or identifiers that follow the name.

Can you also confirm for me that your graphics card is AGP?
Also, does your motherboard have an onboard video card as well?