Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Install problem "insert game disk"

• Please log in to reply

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi

I am trying to install Battlefield 2 Special Forces expansion Pack on a New PC with Vista Home Premium. I insert the game into the PC drive. The auto-play screens pops up and I click on "autorun.exe". I then get the battlefield 2 splash screen. I click on Install. Then the auto-run mini box pops up and tells me to "insert game disk". But the disk is in the drive. I restarted my computer with the game in the drive and same problem. I also went to my computer and tried to run the game by opening up the file and got the same problem. It is a store bought game.

Is this a Vista problem? I installed the main game BF2 without any problems. What can I do?

my pc

Gateway
q6600
2gb
8500 gt
Visa Home P

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
typical troubleshooting steps: here

if these steps do no resolve your issue, then you may have to contact EA support directly.

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thank Starjax. I had disk 2 in the drive instead of disk 1. I feel dumb. O well. I knew I came to the right place.

thanks again.....