Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening a port

• Please log in to reply

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Posted Image

Advertisements

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I also tried using the feature of the game site I need. Still the same error message about the port.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Have you tried the game since the changes where made?
I ask because I do not know how well this port testing works.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
See post above yours.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Apparently I have run into a dead-end again. Thanks for looking into this guys. I will be back around in case anyone thinks of anything else to try.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Try using this site. Choose your router and your game, and then follow the instructions.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks Stetty. The game I play isn't listed, so I followed the directions for what to do when your game is not listed. It took me to this page. http://www.portforwa...54G/default.htm
Matches step for step what I've done here in this thread.

I guess I'm just jinxed.

If anyone is curious enough to want to try it for themselves, this the site: http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/

It is all free and there is no download. Just a regular RPG game. You can sign up and just pick any area. On the character page, click on TOWN. You will see a map of the town. Click on TAVERNS.

I'm sure you will be able to access it. It seems I am the only one that cannot at this point. But maybe you will think of something else I could do if you see it.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I had no problems going to the site you posted.
I made no changes to the router, no changes to the switch, and no changes to the server.
Maybe you should reset everything to default.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have no problem going to the site itself.

It is specifically the "TAVERNS" within the game. Being able to use the taverns is an important part of gameplay, and it is only that specific thing I cannot access. You cannot access the taverns without signing up for the game, which was why I gave the information above.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Try turning off IPv6.

Advertisements

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I'm sorry to be such a moron Cilix, where would I find that?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Not a problem, I should have stated how to do so.

If you open up your network connections app in the Control Panel, right click your Local Area Connection or Wireless whichever you are using and click Properties. You will see a line that say Internet Protocol Version 6, simply uncheck the box and hit apply. Once that is done, right click the connection again, hit repair, and post up another ipconfig.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks. Did as you said. Here is new ipconfig

Posted Image

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Hmm, youve still got an IPV6 tunnel adapter there. Go back into that previous screen we were in before, now hit the uninstall button when you highlight IPV6. It will probably require you to reboot.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Ok first let me show you something, there were 2 options when I went there, one said Internet protocol, and the other said Microsoft version 6. Let me show you, hold please. I'm wondering if I unchecked the wrong one. Back in 2 minutes