Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening a port

• Please log in to reply

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Ok, here it is. It was kind of a mixture of what you said between the two. Did I uncheck the right one? If I did, I will do you last suggestion.

Posted Image

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Unchecking that box will suffice. Your router's DHCP server likely does not support IP V6, so that should really be a non-issue.

After making all these changes to your computer and router, did you reboot either? Both?

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Ok as long as that was the right one, I will go back and uninstall it like he said. Then I will reboot and be back. Sorry to be such a pain guys. Thanks a lot.

Brb.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
O.M.G.

Not only can I now get in the Taverns - my computer is 10 times faster. This is unbelievable. I cannot thank you guys enough, especially Cilix. I cannot believe it is this much faster just by turning that unnecessary version 6 off.

Thank you times a million.