Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

swmidi.sys

• Please log in to reply

stormin27

stormin27

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently installed a sound blaster audigy se sound card and everytime I reboot my computer a error message pops up saying The file "swmidi".sys on windows driver cabinet is needed. I don't know what to do I can't find this anywhere on my computer system. Please help if you can?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well you can get it at the site below, but i think you have a different problem. When you installed the Audigy sound card, did you disable the on-board sound in the BIOS? I will always do this so i do not have problems with drivers , etc. Please state make and model of your computer so i can tell you how to get into the bios to disable the sound. Usually the Delete key will get you to the BIOS and using the ARROW keys you can get to the advanced features where you can find the on-board sound. Hitting the enter key after highlighting the sound in blue by clicking on it will open it up where you can disable it using the left or right arrow keys.

http://www.dynamicli.../info_s/173.htm

The above link charges you for the file, so be aware of this. The same file can be found in the XP SP2 CD's.
This file goes in C \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS

SRX660