Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AHHHHH sky broadband (others available lol)

• Please log in to reply

babybash

babybash

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi guys/girls
My friend has recently signed up to sky broadband, so i went round set it up for him and wo an behold its useless!!!
They sent new wireless router a netgear with a mac number of 001B2FA26534 the problem is its so slow at connecting he might aswell be on dial up! ive rung sky and they were about as much use as a chocolate firegaurd i managed to find the error code as follows error"300 please could someone help as its drivin me crazy tryin to sort it :) .
All the wires are fine and all password are good, i havnt even bothered to try and hook up a wireless laptop as i want to get this sorted for him asap!
Any help would be great, Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Its an always on connection, it shouldn't need connecting to Sky, it should do it automatically so all you do is open Internet Explorer and away you go.

Anyway, "Error 300" is a common Sky Broadband issue.

Error Codes Explained

TS = Technical Support.

Error 100 = No Sync possible fix, plug into the master socket with a new filter or try the test socket if you have one. If this doesn't work ring TS for more help.

Error 200 = Can't Authenticate possible fix, try rebooting the router by pushing a pen or something into the reset button, if this doesn't work ring TS for more help.

Error 300 = No Ip address posible fix, try rebooting the router by pushing a pen or something into the reset button if this fails turn it off for an hour, if you still get error 300 ring TS for more help.

babybash

babybash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Excellent its sorted!!
i did try resetting the router yesterday but i had no luck, but the leaving it for an hour defo works.
Thankyou.