Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Maleware: core.cache.dsk

• Please log in to reply

Kosprwt2003

Kosprwt2003

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone!

A few days ago i noticed that some popups where on, every time i was running ie or other web browser.

I started searching why was that happenning and i found out that i'm infected with a trojan named 'Rootkit.Agent'.

I use Spyware Doctor as anti-spyware software.
Spyware Doctor reports that the file causing the problems is the 'core.cache.dsk' and is located in 'c:\windows\system32\drivers'.

I tried to remove the file but it didn't worked because seems some proccess use it!
I tried to locate which proccess is that but cound't find out.
Furthermore, i logged in under safe mode in order to see if i could delete it that way but the file wasn't there! But every time i logg in under normal mode the file is there and the pop up windows continues!

Please, can anyone help me on that?

Thanks in advance and i hope for a reply at your earliest possible convienience!

Advertisements