Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Players

• Please log in to reply

geekboi

geekboi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well Lets see live in a tiny area with almost no space and I am a cheap [bleep]. So since I already own a DVD player I was wondering how to connect it to my computer (which does not seem to have the same connections) rather than 1. buying a TV or 2. getting the beautiful DVD SATA Burner of my dreams and spending several hours installing it.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well since you don't have Windows MCE(Media Center Edition) and don't have a TV tuner card, i really don't know what you want here. It sounds like you want to run your computer as a TV. Buy a Happauge TV tuner card and watch TV all day Long.Problem is the happauge card costs $70. I do not know what you need a DVD burner for other than to burn the recorded TV to disks.

SRX660

MerlinVaB

MerlinVaB

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Well since you don't have Windows MCE(Media Center Edition) and don't have a TV tuner card, i really don't know what you want here. It sounds like you want to run your computer as a TV. Buy a Happauge TV tuner card and watch TV all day Long.Problem is the happauge card costs $70. I do not know what you need a DVD burner for other than to burn the recorded TV to disks.

SRX660

Recently installed everything FiOS. Can I connect a set-top box (STB) directly to my computer (XP) to watch on the monitor and record on the disk? Verizon says USB port probably is not functional yet.... Don't think I have a TV capture card, but why would I need one out of the STB? Can capture Hi8 video from camcorder. Have HD DVD, HD, and standard Motorola STBs.

Also, the same to a LiteOn DVD recorder (LVW 5045).

TIA

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
What kind of monitor do you have?

because mine has Component and standard connections(red,yellow,white)

I don't think I'm understanding your question very much O.o

MerlinVaB

MerlinVaB

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Monitor is Gateway FPD1810, but real issue is to record on disk