Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend Icon in MSN Email.

• Please log in to reply

AQUA258

AQUA258

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Was running Trend Micro pro up until a few days ago. Got lots of viruses which literally stopped parts of trend. I tried to uninstall but it wouldnt. Then i deleted file for file till i couldnt find any more, thinking that would work and then i could re-install. Nope. Can not re-install but thats not my Question. It was scanning my emails and its still there. How do i remove it out of there. Ran a search but nothing is coming up.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
When you removed the files, you did not remove the Registry values.
You probably did not get all of the files for the program, they may have several folders.
The best advice that I can give you is to post in the Malware forum.
The experts there can offer more advice on malware, and security programs.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Ummmmmmmmmmm...They sent me here.

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
:) Please give me some time to research this.
I am not an expert on security software, but I do know that there are tools to remove them.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
no problemo, me not going anywhere...lol....thank you

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
What version of trend micro where you using?
Was it the corporate edition?

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
trend micro pro

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You can get information here

How do I remove Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and Trend Micro Internet Security from my computer?
Solution ID: 1036064
Product: Trend Micro Internet Security Pro - 2008, Trend Micro Internet Security - 2008
Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows XP - SP2
Published: 12/19/07 12:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solution:
You can uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and Trend Micro Internet Security using any of the following methods:

Uninstalling from the Start menu

Uninstalling from the Control Panel

Uninstalling using the TISSuprt.exe file

Uninstalling from the Start menu

Close the main console if it is open.

Click Start > Programs or All Programs > Trend Micro Internet Security > Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security.

When the Windows Installer prompt appears, click on Yes and wait for the uninstallation to finish.

Note: If a message appears asking you to delete quarantined files, click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation.

A message appears when the uninstallation is complete. Click Yes to restart your computer.

Back to Options

Uninstall from the Control Panel

Click Start > Control Panel.

Double-click Add or Remove Programs. This opens a list of programs installed on your computer.

Select Trend Micro Internet Security then click Remove.

When the Windows Installer window appears, click on Yes and wait for the uninstallation to finish.

Note: If a message appears asking you to delete quarantined files, click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation.

A message appears when the uninstallation is complete. Click Yes to restart your computer.

Back to Options

Uninstall using the TISSuprt.exe file

Click on Start > My Computer.

Double-click Local Disk C: then double-click on the Program Files folder.

Look for the Trend Micro folder then open it.

Look for the Internet Security folder then open it.

Double-click on the TISSuprt.exe file. It has a red and white lifesaver icon. The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window appears.

Click on the Uninstall tab.

Click on the Uninstall button.

Click on the UnInstall button again when asked if you want to continue with the uninstallation.

Note: If a message appears asking you to delete quarantined files, click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation

Back to Options

Related Information:

How do I remove Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware from my computer?

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Ummmmm, can't do any of what you said because all files that i could find i deleted. Thats why im puzzled as to why its still saying in msn that its scanning my mail. Like i said i ran search for any sign of trend and nothing is coming up. (If this helps any) Also in my control panel, when i first open it, where all the icons are...there is an icon that belongs to trend...Pc-cillin. NO delete option for it. Can't remove that either?

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Can you try this?

Problem: The temporary files in PC-cillin Antivirus need to be deleted when the update fails. How can you delete these files using the PCCTOOL.EXE tool?

Solution: Do the following:1.
Open Windows Explorer and go to the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security directory.
Look for the PCCTOOL.exe tool and double-click it.
Select the Uninstall tab.
Click Delete Files for both Update and Trend Micro Proxy.
Click Close.

Advertisements

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Pardon my ignorance but how can i do that...go to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security directory if i have deleted that????

OK, found PCCTool.exe (Not in a trend file) but the only option i can use is...option 4 (force uninstall) and ive already gone through all of those listed.

Edited by AQUA258, 15 February 2008 - 07:21 AM.

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I am sorry, I was hoping that the anti spam was still intact.
Again, I am flying blind here. If I can not come up with something that works in a very short while I will ask for help from the big guns.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
kool, i appreciate the help......again if it helps any....this is all related to the viruses i had a short while ago. They killed Trend, couldnt open atachments in msn (can now) and STILL cant get into my ACP in my website. Its as if some thing has re-configed settings???? Me guessing!!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like there is still a service running for Trend Micro.
  • Click on Start then Run, type msconfig and press Enter
  • Click on the Services tab
  • Check the box to Hide all Microsoft services
  • See if any that remain have to do with Trend Micro. If so uncheck them.
Now search the registry for the word trend. I highly recommend installing RegSeeker and using it's Find in Registry option to locate all instances of the word trend. Look through them and see if any of them point to files. If so, verify you have deleted those files, delete if not.

Once you've checked all the files, go ahead and delete the registry entries. Make sure the box is checked to Backup before delete. Then it's easy to restore them if necessary, though this should not happen.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Did all you asked, still there...????

Ran "installed products" and it came up with Trend but wont delete. Tells me to run setup.exe?

Edited by AQUA258, 15 February 2008 - 07:18 PM.