Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend Icon in MSN Email.

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
When you say Ran "installed products", do you mean using RegSeeker Installed Applications?

One more to try then. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. See if it finds the Trend Micro and gets rid of it.

As a last resort, you can try reinstalling Trend Micro then uninstall it. That sometimes works.

Advertisements

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Yes. Ran the other you said, found it and deleted BUT still in MSN and CONTROL PANEL.

A Q; With the Regseeker i ran IE History cache cookies (index.dat) can i delete that stuff that comes up? (i'm desperate...lol) C:\ docs and sett\owner\local sett\temp files\content.IE5\.....etc

I did try to install Trend after i deleted it. Wouldnt allow, kept saying error. Then i tried reinstall of my old Trend 2005 and the same thing. As i said before what ever viruses i had have stuffed up all settings. When i use another computer to access my site i have no problems whatsoever getting in and accessing ACP. So i know its definitley on my comp only. Just a suggestion...In the internet options theres a section that says click to reset BUT only use if browser is not workable. Do you think i should try that???????

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Yes, you can delete everything in Temporary Internet Files and yes, it's okay to reset IE7. You will lose any ActiveX controls or addons you've installed but they can be easily reinstalled as needed.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Am going through every process that regseeker has to offer and trend is coming up all over the place, So i'm deleting??

If i'm running IE7 can i delete the stuff from the IE5??

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
IE5??? Where do you see IE5 stuff?

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
look back up a couple of replies... I showed you the kind of paths?keys? that were coming up in regseeker "history".
Thats why i asked if i could delete it?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
And if you look back a few posts :) you'll see that I said yes, you can delete anything under C:\ docs and sett\owner\local sett\temp files (as you contractedly put it). It's actually:

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Always best to be specific, leads to much less confusion and less chance of doing the wrong thing. Takes a bit more typing but that's no big deal.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
LOL....sorry, thought you'd know it was shorthand. Is IE5 suppose to be on my comp if i'm running IE7??

Have deleted anything and everything in regseekers lists. Running a scan at the moment to see if anything comes up.

Any more idea's??

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You don't really have IE5. That's just a name that carried over from IE5 thorough IE6 and apparently IE7.

What do you use for a E-mail client? Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express or do you use Web based E-mail?

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I use Outlook Express and the MSN one. Its not outlook that has it. It use to have a trend toolbar in there but that left when i deleted the files. Oh and I also still found it in the Security. You know were it says that your firewall and stuff are turned on. Can not remove it. It's not actually running as such but it says that it is. Geez what do i know maybe it is???

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm sorry but I don't understand. You said:

I use Outlook Express and the MSN one. Its not outlook that has it.

What does that mean? Please be specific.

If it's only web based mail that is showing Trend Micro then click on Tools, Manage addons and see if there is anything Trend related there.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Outlook Express does not have it. The places that the icons are still showing .....SECURITY.....Control Panel and in my mail in msn.com.(messenger.....e.g [email protected])Windows live hotmail......LOL
Just had a look in tools/addons and there is nothing there that says Trend or Pc-cillin. Would it come under another title e.g...microsoft msge etc??

Edited by AQUA258, 16 February 2008 - 04:15 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
No, I would expect it to say something about Trend or Pc-cillin.

One last thing I can think of to try. Install FireFox, see if it still happens when you use it to look at your Windows live hotmail.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
LOL...OK, d/loaded firefox and tried to go into my ACP of my website and it all works without any probs whatsoever.
BUT...Cos this is all new to me i cant find my Favourites...LOL

So, if it works in firefox how and where do i fix the prob in IE?

Still have the issue of trend icons in comp...would/could that be part and parcel of the IE prob????

Edited by AQUA258, 17 February 2008 - 08:43 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
We can get rid of the Trend Micro icons, but lets hold off a bit and see about fixing IE.

Are you using IE6 or IE7?