Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend Icon in MSN Email.

• Please log in to reply

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
These i managed to get up/loaded the other two it says that they are too big even though they show in pics that they aren't BUT.....

Attached File  G2G3.bmp   188.64KB   171 downloads
Attached File  G2G_4.bmp   155.44KB   169 downloads

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
They both look like online E-mail, not anything that runs directly on your computer, like MS Outlook or Outlook Express.

Please, tell me what your E-mail program is? How do you start it? Something that will help me identify what it is so I can try to help you get rid of the Trend Micro stuff.

If this is browser (Web) based E-mail, try clicking on Tools then Manage Add-ons. See if there are any Trend entries there and if so, disable them.

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
G2G_1.jpg

Windows Live Messenger Hotmail. I don't know what else to tell you. I tried the Manage ad-ons but nothing in there related to Trend or Pc-cillin.

Attached Files

• Attached File  G2G.bmp   235.13KB   176 downloads

Edited by AQUA258, 19 February 2008 - 07:56 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
For the Control Panel:

Each item in Control Panel corresponds to a .cpl file. When Control Panel starts it search's %systemroot%\system32 for all .cpl files. To remove an item from Control Panel delete the .cpl file or rename it (e.g. to .nocpl).

%systemroot% is normally C:\Windows so you would look in C:\Windows\system32 for all files with an extension of .cpl. Try to figure out which one belongs to Trend Micro and rename it first, then if it is the right one (Trend no longer shows in Control Panel), delete it.

I don't know anything about Windows Live Messenger Hotmail but I'll see what I can find.

Edited by Ztruker, 19 February 2008 - 08:42 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
This is a long thread, so I forget (and I'm getting tired), do you have IE6 or IE7. If IE7, try resetting it to installation defaults, see if that makes a difference, see here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

AQUA258

AQUA258

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hey Hey, Did all you said but to no avail. Still there, BUT, while i was doing all this and running cleaners through i noticed something that Avast was doing. As it starts it does a memory check from when it first was d/loaded.

I'm not sure whether this is out of desperation or what, but if it goes by what is stored then it would keep (possibly?) trend on there.?? Anyway, i wiped off Avast and re/loaded Trend off my disc. I'm going to leave it like this for a couple off days (give you a break..sorry) then out of curiousity i will uninstall from add/remove in control panel and see what happens. Yes , I know, curiousity killed the cat BUT satisfaction bought it back...LOL

Thank you so much for helping me try and sort this @#%#@#...@#*%#@ out. I will find an answer if for no other reason but for future events. Ya never know what sticky little suckers i may stummble on again??. LOL

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Please do post back. I'm as curious as you are.