cant install or run most programs
Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:54 AM
Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:07 PM
Welcome to G2Go.
* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Hijack This.
- Click on I agree
- Then Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:42 PM
Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:51 PM
Because at this point you will need it to fix the issue you are having if it can be fixed at all.
Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:00 PM
Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:08 PM
You might be able to try a system recovery but you would want to do a Non destructive system recovery.
You should be able to do it like this.
At the boot up screen you should hit F10 until you see a system recovery option.
Follow the prompts there.
This will keep all of your files intact and repair the system installation.
See if that works.
If you have any questions just ask.
Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:27 AM
Edited by dmizz, 19 February 2008 - 02:36 PM.
Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:47 PM
If so post the Hijackthis log please.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users