Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sandisk cruzercrossfire flash drive did i buy wrong one?

• Please log in to reply

struggling artist

struggling artist

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi,

I'm pretty new to all this, have just bought a Sandisk Cruzer Crossfire 2gb flash drive for a decent price, but didn't realize it is for XBOX! I am not a gamer and don't have an XBOX. Can I use it just for storing and transferring photos? And does anyone know if it will be compatible with public computers (will it be recognized - not sure if I will have to download driver)). I need it to take photos from home to college for photography course. I emailed company I bought from, they didn't know and I phoned Sandisk... believe it or not they couldn't tell me either!! May have to send it back if I can't find out!

Any help appreciated...

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can still use the crossfire as a standard USB flash drive in your computer.The only caution i have ion any flash drive is they tend to get corrupted files on them after a couple of years so i would not use them for long term storage.

SRX660

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

USB Flash Drive for Gamers!

SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire USB Flash Drives are designed to make your PC gaming experience portable. Available in 1GB – 8GB, you can save your game data*, download portable casual games and demos, save your replays and more on a PC or use it with any device equipped with a USB port. Use it with your latest Xbox 360 game console for photo viewing, music listening, play .wmv videos, and configuring your wireless settings. With SanDisk, you will be able to take your game data, music, video, and photos wherever you go – and share your music and photos from your PC to Xbox 360.

it's not specifically for the Xbox...it's just marketed towards XBox users

struggling artist

struggling artist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Oh great, thanks guys. Does anyone know if it will be useable on public computers (at a College) - apparently some are not - something to do with drivers??

Edited by struggling artist, 15 February 2008 - 02:01 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that depends mostly on the computer not the drive....most of the time the reason they don't work on shared computers is due to user restrictions put in place by the system administrators of the computer....you'd just have to try it and see

struggling artist

struggling artist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ok, thanks a lot for your help!